Friday, January 21, 2011

review of my poem


Andrew Page
Mr. Parsons
English
1/20/11


                                                The Arrow and the Song


            I enjoyed reciting my poem “ The Arrow and the Song” by Henry Wadsworth Long fellows. I liked the choice of words he used to describe the arrow flying through the air. Like line 8 “ For who has sight so keen, and strong”. That was my favorite line out of the whole entire poem.  I also enjoyed his use of words in certain areas to make it rhyme. Also I liked what he was interpreting the poem into. What he was interpreting was that the arrow means bad and the song means good. My overall performance on how I recited the poem was mediocre. I wish I could have remembered the fourth the last line. Though I did remember the first three stanzas. Though overall I don’t think I did well at all.       

1 comment:

  1. Andrew,

    Thanks for writing candidly about the poem and about the recitation. Could you please paste the text of the poem into this blog, so that the world knows about the poem?

    ReplyDelete